An Unprogrammed Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
Meets Sundays at 10:00 AM at the Santa Barbara Friends Meeting House
2012 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara, California 93101
(See travel directions below)
For information, call (805) 687-0165
Worship and Spiritual Study
- Santa Barbara Friends meet for Unprogrammed Worship each first-day (Sunday) at 10 AM at the Santa Barbara Friends Meeting House. All are welcome to attend including families with children. The meeting place is accessible to wheelchair users. A map is included below. Child-care is provided every week, our Children's First Day School program begins at 10.
- A Worship Group under the care of our Monthly Meeting meets weekly in Ojai, California For more information, see here.
- A Seeker's Meeting, a prayerful consideration of a topic of interest to Friends, often follows Meeting for Worship on the first first-day of the month.
- An adult Quaker Spirituality Reading Group meets fifth-day (Thursday) evenings from 7-9 PM at the home of Sanjiv Kamath. For more information, please contact Sanjiv Kamath at 682-7666.
- Our Meeting is affiliated with the Southern California Quarterly Meeting and Pacific Yearly Meeting.
- Business Meeting follows Meeting for Worship on the second first-day of the month.
SBMM Mailing List
Peace and Social Concerns Activities
- Santa Barbara Friends Meeting has taken under its care Alternatives to Violence Project workshops offered in the Ventura, Santa Barbara and Ojai area. For more detail see here.
- We are also affiliated with the Santa Barbara Chapter of Death Penalty Focus, which organizes a vigil to abolish the death penalty every Tuesday 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. at the Farmers’ Market on State Street; they meet near the corner of State and Cota Streets, and collect signatures for a moratorium on executions. For more info, send an email
The following sites may be of interest to those who would like to learn more about the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers):
For further information on the Santa Barbara Meeting, please call (805) 687-0165, or write to us at Santa Barbara Friends Meeting, 2012 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara, California 93101.
Directions to the Santa Barbara Friends Meeting House
The Santa Barbara Friends Meeting House is located at 2012 Chapala Street (just North/West of Mission St.) in Santa Barbara, California. To get there, take highway 101 to the Mission St exit and proceed north-east towards the mountains. After the light at De La Vina St, Mission St goes up-hill, and Chapala is the next light. Take a left turn, and the Meeting House is about 25 yards up the block on the right-hand side (just before you get to the former church building).